Friday, December 4, 2009

For Caroline.

I cannot stop thinking about Caroline. I hadn't even seen her since I went to Loveland High, but the news still shook me to the core.

I was always quite miserable at Loveland High, surrounded by all the silly plastic girls and dumb jock boys, but I always remember being able to look at Caroline and see in her eyes that she kinda understood. That she had a little misery inside too. She was one of the the few people I knew there that was real. Even if that meant not plastering on a fake smile and and an even faker tan.

I guess it's also scary to know that someone who on the surface seems so put together can be hurting so badly inside. I cannot fathom what was eating away at that beautiful dear girl so much that she had to end it all. I wish she could have heard the words, "me too." I wish I could have sat with her and held her and cried with her. I wish I could have swallowed up just little of her pain.

So Caroline, I truly hope you have found peace. It's what we are all looking for in this life, and I know that life can be awful and cruel and unfair. Know that you affected me even so many years ago. Know I understand and that you've given me strength to get through the bad days. Thank you.

"We never touch people so lightly that we do not leave a trace."

No comments:

Post a Comment