Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Oatmeal

This morning as I made my oatmeal and coffee, I felt the strangest sense of disappointment as I took that first bite....My dad's oatmeal was better.

As weird as it is to admit, I am kind of missing last week and the strange ritual my dad, grandma, and I had in California. Oatmeal and coffee. every morning. Then we'd sit in the kitchen and look at the newspaper and plan our day. No work or school or apartment to worry about. I could even pretend that I would never have to go back to that life. For 1 week I was able to leave those burdens a 2 hr plane ride away.

Things are better with my dad. I gained a sense of understanding as to why he is the way he is after spending the week with his mother.
He gave me a picture of my mother when she was in college, and that meant a lot to me.

I don't have any expectations as to what my relationship with my father should look like. I am not looking for a father, but I am open to some kind of friendship I suppose.


On a lighter note, Alx chopped my air off last night. I like it. New hair. New plans.

No comments:

Post a Comment