Wednesday, January 27, 2010

My dad found out that I basically failed last semester, and by basically I mean totally and completely. My only hope is that he can sympathize. He knows what depression can do to a person.
That most days I couldn't even get myself out of bed and dressed let along go out in the real world to school. On those rare days I would make it to campus, I usually found myself in a bathroom stall of North Classroom sobbing, unable to get through another day of faking it.

But now that I am on the other side and back to being me, I am finding that I have never enjoyed school as much as I do this semester. I am not taking my education for granted and I am realizing what a privilege it is for me to even have access to higher education. I am back to the big nerd I once was, and I absolutely love it.

I am taking a class called Health Promotion Programs, and we have an assigment where we are asked to choose a topic of public health and create a program to adress the issues conerning it, universally. I chose mental health, and I am thouroughly excited to explore the issues surrounding depression among the US population. I feel that is has been given suh a stigma, and that people never rally discuss it. I also feel that a lot of people are afraid or oppossed to anit-depressants, and I can honsetly say that they have changed my life- or rather given me back my life. I definitely support therapy as well, but I wish more people could understand that it truly is a chemical disorder.

Yes, in all aspects this semester is going so well. Now I just need to figure out my social life and I will be all set:)

No comments:

Post a Comment