Monday, February 1, 2010

Period.

"You must understand the whole of life, not just one little part of it. That is why you must read, that is why you must look at the skies, that is why you must sing & dance, & write poems & suffer & understand, for all that is life."

- J. Krishnamurti

This weekend was one of the best I have had in a long time. Such a good time with Cam and Julia and Patrick. Drinking at Irish Snug, plenty of drunken wii, bowling, eating and more eating, first time watching silly sooper troopers, oh and falling in love with a Canadian:)

Just my luck that the perfect boy for me happens to live across the border:( But hey, that didn't stop Cam and Julia...hahaha.

I guess despite being the perfect boy, Patrick also opened my eyes and made me remember how important certain things are to me. I might sound like a snob, but education is really very important to me. I just don't know if I could connect on all the levels I would like to with someone who is not educated. I do value "street smarts" and the like, but there is nothing like having a stimulating, intelligent conersation with someone who pushes you to think and grow.

Also- smoking is disgusting. and childish. And I am done pretending that it doesn't bother me. Because it does.

So until I find my Patrick, I am going to throw myself into the things that make me happy- school, family, friends. And I am not goin to lower my standards any more.

period

No comments:

Post a Comment